Plumber Jobs, Technical Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Fairmont Hotel Jobs
Service and maintenance of Laundry, Kitchen Equipment and all plumbing and mechanical works.
Everyone agrees that the Mount Kenya Safari Club Nanyuki is an exclusive retreat. Situated some one hundred and ninety kilometres to the north of Nairobi, on the slopes of Mount Kenya, it has a reputation for relaxed elegance. Many of the world’s famous names, be they royalty, film stars or merely the rich, seek it out as a secluded haven where, although you do your safari during the day, you always dress for dinner.
Reporting to the Maintenance Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Install, repair and maintain all plumbing and related items E.g. baths, showers, toilets, pipe works, fitting valves etc.
- Install, repair and maintain all mechanical plant, boilers, heaters etc.
- Maintain all chemical treatments, daily readings and logs for it.
- Co-ordinate the repairing and maintaining of drainage, pipe work and system large repairs.
- Manufacture new items in metal or related materials as assigned by Technical Services Manager, including pipe work etc. and occasional brazing/welding.
- Read/make drawings/sketches of mechanical installations.
- To ensure proper functioning of all mechanical equipment appliances and installation.
- Observing all periodic preventive maintenance on all equipments in the kitchen and Laundry ( Gas cookers, Mixers, Dish washing machine , presses, washing machines etc) as assigned by the supervisor or the Engineer.
- Carries out repair works on all mechanical equipments and appliances.
- Handles all Maintenance requests requiring mechanical expertise.
- Carries out repair and maintenance of all plumbing fittings and installations within the building.
- Carries out any minor mechanical installation, welding brazing and fabrication works within the Hotel.
- To have fully working knowledge of all systems within the hotel that fall under his/her responsibility.
- Maintain and conform to Room Perfect Program.
- Makes sure assignments are accurately and professionally done first time.
- Ensures that Purchase requests form raised has detailed specifications on part/product required.
- Drives implementation of energy and cost cutting measures.
- Works accurately and professionally to avert repeat jobs.
- Adheres to preventive maintenance schedule to avoid major breakdowns.
- To perform other task, including cross exposure, as directed, or multi-skill in any other section.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to)
- Constant standing, walking and bending throughout shift
- Able to lift up 20kgs
Don’t Miss Your Next Job & Best Career Advice. Subscribe Below Now.