Project Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, AWEIK Jobs
Serves as the accountant for project under the direction of the Co-ordintor. Is tasked with the responsibility of providing sound financial and accounting advice for the successful execution of the project.
DURATION OF THE CONTRATCT: One Year.
- Provide leadership in the Finance function providing financial and accounting advice and direction.
- Prepare and enter financial data to the financial accounting system daily.
- Prepare detailed donor & management financial reports and statements and ensures all donor financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Make payments to vendors/ suppliers and manage the creditor’s accounts.
- Prepare bank reconciliations monthly.
- Perform project cost forecast/budget and monitor department spending and recommend corrective actions as necessary.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes as needed.
- Communicate with donors regarding all matters to do with finance including transfer of funds, acknowledge receipt of all funds to donors and donor reports.
- Track the inward & outward movement of funds into the organization accounts and keep the management updated with such information.
- Oversee the audit process from commencement to the signing of the audited accounts for the project.
- Ensure financial records are filed and maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Maintain and manage organizational assets.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or a related field is required.
- Must be Qualified Accountant and hold a recognized accountancy qualification CPA (K) or its equivalent.
- At least three years’ working experience as an Accountant in a similar role.
- Knowledge of accounting software e.g. Quick Books, SAGE etc.
- Administering budgetary control.
- Have experience of the full range of financial operations.
- Experience working in the N.G.O sector will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit one PDF document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) via email to email@example.com by close of business Tuesday 21st May 2019.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
AWEIK is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized groups and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Don’t Miss Your Next Job & Best Career Advice. Subscribe Below Now.